Digital health is the electronic management of health information to deliver safe, efficient, and better quality healthcare.
The three steps required for digital registration are:
- Register with the Healthcare Identifiers (HI) Service
- Register to participate in the My Health Records system
- Obtain a National Authentication Service for Health (NASH) Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Certificate for My Health Record
PIP ehealth Incentives
Organisations applying to receive the Practice Incentives Program (PIP) from Medicare will need to meet five requirements in order to be eligible to receive the incentive:
- Integrate Healthcare Identifiers into electronic practice records
- Obtain and actively use Secure Message Delivery (SMD) product
- Implement data records and clinical terminology (medical vocabulary)
- Obtain and actively use Electronic Transfer of Prescription (eTP) product
- Use compliant software for accessing the My Health Record system, and creating and posting shared health summaries
Once you have received confirmation that you have successfully registered, the next step is to set up the products for use within your organisation.
- Set up Healthcare Identifiers
- Set up NASH PKI Certificates
- Set up the My Health Record system
You can get your HPI-I from AHPRA. The only time you will need to register for a HPI-I is if you are not currently registered under AHPRA.
If you do not have a HPI-O. Use the Application to Register a Seed Organisation form on the Department of Human Services website.
If you have never had a NASH certificate before, use the Application to Request a NASH PKI Certificate form on the Dept of Human Services website.
If you have lost or misplaced your NASH and would like a new one, use the Request to Revoke or Reissue a NASH PKI Certificate form on the Dept of Human Services website.
The HPI-I numbers and HPI-O numbers need to be put into your clinical software. Otherwise, you can request access via the online provider portal. The process for doing so requires different forms, so please contact the PHN for assistance.
Text will come up on the patient's record on your software when the system is activated, otherwise, open the patient file and if no message box appears with an error message, then the system is functional.
NEXT | Using My Health Record