Did you know?
- People with breast, cervical and bowel cancers detected through national cancer screening programs have better cancer survival outcomes than those diagnosed who had never been screened (Australian Institute of Health and welfare)
- 6 out of 10 eligible people are not participating in the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program (Cancer Institute NSW)
- 40% of eligible women are overdue for a screening mammogram (CINSW)
Patients who are reminded by their GP to attend cancer screening are more likely to screen (CINSW). We are seeking practices who have a passion for preventative health to help drive improvement in cancer screening rates in the region. The program will run from 1 November 2021 to 30 June 2022 and will support your practice to make easy, measurable and sustainable improvements to provide best practice care for your patients; and to pro-actively implement preventative activities that enable the early detection of breast and bowel cancers.
Benefits to your practice
- Participation and outcome payments for the practice
- Free training and online resources for Cancer Screening and conducting quality improvement activities
- Increased awareness of cancer screening services in the region and increased screening rates for your patients
- Assists to fulfil QI requirements for both accreditation and PIPQI
If you are interested in participating in our Cancer Screening program for 2021-2022, complete the expression of interest form below: