Local Health Services

Bushfire and Flood Psychological Therapy Services: Do you find yourself avoiding things or activities that remind you of the bushfires or floods? Do you feel restless, irritable or tense and you're not sure why? Are you having trouble falling or staying asleep? If you were affected by the 2019/20 bushfires or 2021 floods, you might benefit from talking to someone who can help. Up to 10 free sessions with a professional are available. Contact your GP for more information or call 1800 595 212 Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5:00pm (except public holidays).

Family Gateway Services Well Being Outreach Program: The Wellbeing Outreach Program provides a comprehensive range of free practical, emotional and psychological outreach support for residents in the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury and Lithgow areas.

A referral is not needed and there are no labels or drawn-out waiting periods. Sessions can be as informal as a chat and a cup of tea over zoom while receiving some support to understand the best ways to care for ourselves as we deal with the ongoing effects of cumulative disasters. 

To book in, please call or email your local Well Being Worker: 

Blue Mountains:
Megan Watson on 0490 676 269 

Nicole Luhrs on 0490 670 682

Mental Health Help website: an online directory of local mental health services and supports.

Rural Adversity Mental Health Program (RAMHP): Coordinators link people to local mental health services and resources, educate workplaces and communities about mental health and wellbeing and respond in times of natural disasters and severe adversity.

Rural Financial Counselling Service NSW Bushfire Recovery Financial Counsellors: The NSW Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS) is a free and confidential service that provides information and assistance on financial position, budgets and submitting applications. Call 1800 319 458.

SOS: for people 14 years or older at low to moderate risk of suicide or self-harm. Provides unlimited free sessions with a psychologist for up to 2 months. Please talk to your GP for a referral.

Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre Bushfire Recovery: A range of relief and recovery assistance is available, providing a non-judgemental and confidential service that maintains the dignity of the individual. Contact: 02 4754 4050 

Print out this information