There are a range of services and supports available in the community to assist people living with dementia, as well as their carers and families.
- Dementia Australia – Dementia Australia is the national peak body for people impacted by Dementia in Australia. Dementia Australia is the source of trusted information, education, support, and advocacy services.
- DTA GP Podcast – Podcast series just released by Dementia Training Australia (DTA), general practitioners Hilton Koppe, Marita Long and Steph Daly share their professional and personal experiences with dementia.
- Dementia Support Australia (DSA) - DSA is an organization that has a team of dementia specialists who work closely alongside people with dementia and their carers to ensure that adequate support is provided in managing symptoms and behaviours. This also includes provision of capacity building tools as well as support for people living within remote areas.
- Dementia Behaviour Management Advisory Service (DBMAS) - DBMAS provides free support and advice to service providers and individuals caring for people living with dementia. DBMAS helps where behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia are affecting a person’s care.
- Forward With Dementia – Forward with Dementia provides an online resource which allows people with dementia and their carers to access up-to-date clinical information, practical suggestions, and stories to support in managing the condition.
- GP Quality Indicators – The RACGP has developed a provisional set of 22 clinical indicators for Australian general practice and these indicators are a voluntary quality improvement tool that deal exclusively with the safety and quality of clinical care.
- Help with Dementia – Help with Dementia is an online platform that offers a range of resources to individuals living with dementia, and their carers/families. This includes the opportunity to meet with others who also have the condition as well as to access online counselling.
- People with Dementia: A care guide for general practice
- Respite Care – Assistance with respite for carers is important to ensure both the carer and the person living with dementia are receiving adequate support. There are many ways carers of people with dementia can make the most of respite care. Please access the link to view the different respite options available.
- Vera – The Vera music platform is a software that supports individuals living with dementia by using music to help unlock parts of the brain which are responsible for long-term memory.
- Wellness E-book – Anglicare offers a wellness e-book that is readily available to provide dementia support strategies to carers. This e-book focuses on the importance of health and wellbeing for carers.