Lumos is a partnership initiative between us and NSW Health to assist practices in better understanding their patient’s journey through the health system. Lumos securely links encoded data from general practices to other health data sources in NSW, including emergency department attendances and hospital admissions.
Data linkages are performed twice a year, and with each linkage participating practices are provided with a detailed report on their patient’s journey through the NSW health system. Lumos reports can show:
- How many of your patients presented to emergency departments, were admitted to hospital, or died.
- How often your patients attend hospital and if their visits are planned or unplanned.
- What time and day your patients presented to ED and how many of these presentations were potentially preventable.
- How patients with chronic diseases interact with other health services.
This will enable you to
- Better understand your patient and practice profile compares to your region.
- Demonstrated and improve the quality of patient care your practice provides.
- Support data driven QI activities.
- Provide a better understanding of the patient experience of health services.
For further assistance or to register for Lumos contact the Practice Support Team.