Our Aboriginal Liaison Officer provides support and cultural guidance to general practices across the region including:
- Practice Support visits and cultural safety education;
- Information exchange on available referral options for Aboriginal patients;
- Support and guidance related to accessing the Integrated Team Care Program (CTG);
- Identifying barriers for Aboriginal people in accessing health services and working with practices to address these barriers;
- Cultural Competency Training for practices and staff aligning with the RACGP requirements.
Contact our Aboriginal Liaison Officer online or call 4708 8100.
A range of health services specifically developed to assist the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples in our region are available. These include:
We commission a range of health services specifically for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people. The Young Strong & Deadly program is one example of these services. We recently collaborated with Blue Mountains Aboriginal Culture and Resource Centre to produce a powerful video to highlight the value of this program, and the experiences of just a few of the participants, who share the profound impact the program has had on their lives.