Our Aboriginal Liaison Officer provides support and cultural guidance to general practices across the region including:
- Practice Support visits and cultural safety education;
- Information exchange on available referral options for Aboriginal patients;
- Support and guidance related to accessing the Integrated Team Care Program (CTG);
- Identifying barriers for Aboriginal people in accessing health services and working with practices to address these barriers;
- Cultural Competency Training for practices and staff aligning with the RACGP requirements.
Contact our Aboriginal Liaison Officer online or call 4708 8100.
A range of health services specifically developed to assist the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples in our region are available. These include:
You can also print our Aboriginal Health Services brochure (pdf, 3.4mb) for your patients.