Influenza Update 2020
The 2020 influenza vaccine pre-orders have opened ahead of schedule, with deliveries planned to commence in early April 2020.
- Due to the large volume of flu orders it can take up to four weeks for the State Vaccine Centre to send out the first orders
- Ensure you order enough vaccine for four weeks in your initial order (calculate your usage using the influenza vaccine ordering spreadsheet)
- When vaccine deliveries commence, vaccine orders are processed in date order. This means immunisation providers in the same location may receive vaccine deliveries on different dates depending on when the order was placed
- Do not overstock your fridge to avoid unnecessary vaccine wastage in the event of a refrigerator malfunction or power failure
- Only NIP eligible patients should receive NIP funded vaccines
The 2020 Influenza Provider Toolkit and flyer are now available. Fridge basket stickers will be sent with first deliveries.