Resources for your patients
Who to Contact
- Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 for people with questions regarding prevention and the spread of coronavirus.
- healthdirect helpline on 1800 022 222 to speak to a registered nurse who can provide advice when you're not sure what to do — whether you should see a local GP, manage the condition at home, or go to an emergency department, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Beyond Blue Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service on 1800 512 348 to talk with a trained counsellor, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Updated NSW Health Posters
Resources to use in your practice
Resources for older patients
Resources for people with a disability
Symptoms and testing
How patients can protect themselves
How to self-isolate
Staff Returning to the Workplace
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander community materials
Mental health and support services
Older Persons support
- Older Persons COVID-19 Support Line - provides information, support and connection to Older Australians, their relatives, carers, friends or supporters can call 1800 171 866 8.30am – 6pm AEST Monday - Friday.
- Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) (DoH) - free service that coordinates volunteer visits to eligible older people who are lonely or socially isolated.
- The National Aged Care Advocacy Program (NACAP) - a free service supporting older people who receive or are applying for government-subsidised aged car. Free Wellbeing checks are available over the phone to senior Australians who have elected they may need some extra support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Friend Line telephone support service - a free anonymous phone service providing seniors the opportunity to chat with a volunteer. Available 7 days a week 10am - 8pm 1800 424 287
- My Aged Care: help with food, meals and grocery shopping call 1800 200 422
- Free webinars are available through the Be Connected program to help improve the online skills of senior Australians1800 700 600