We are funding scholarships to support Registered Nurses (RN) working as permanent employees within a Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF) or General Practice in the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow or Penrith.
The course is being offered through the Australian College of Nursing (ACN) to enable RN’s to become accredited at providing vaccinations for residents/staff within RACFs with general practitioner support in preparation for the 2021 Winter Period.
Immunisation rates for older people across this region vary considerably with older people being significantly at risk of poor outcomes in relation to influenza and pneumonia. Over the past 3 years, Wentworth Healthcare have provided support to RACFs by offering an immunisation program to reduce the risk of influenza outbreaks within an RACF. This year Wentworth Healthcare are broadening the opportunity to offer more scholarships to RN’s in our region who work in an RACF/General Practice and provide care to residents in an RACF. This will increase the capacity of our nurses in the NBM region and support our general practitioners in being able to provide vaccinations to our ageing population.
Scholarship application process
- Registered Nurse applicant to review the online course information to ensure they meet the admission requirements
- Applicant to complete the Expression of Interest form below, in conjunction with their supervisor.
- Wentworth Healthcare will notify you via email if your application is successful (within 5 working days).
- Wentworth Healthcare will notify ACN of your approval to proceed.
- Wentworth Healthcare will send the successful applicant the online link to register for a funded position.
- ACN will then email you login details to access the course within 3 working days.
- Applicant should be ready to commence the course immediately once they receive their notification.
- Applicant to successfully complete immunisation course by January 2021.
The Immunisation for Health Practitioners course is now more flexible as RNs can complete this course in a minimum of 3 weeks (if studied full time) up to a maximum of 120 days. Wentworth Healthcare are accepting applications up until the 30 September 2020 to ensure newly accredited immunisers have completed the course to commence vaccinations in preparation for the 2021 Winter Period.
Before completing the EOI please consider if you meet the following criteria with students requiring:
- Access to a computer/laptop and basic computer skills including word processing
- Regular access to and knowledge of using an email account and reliable internet and skills to navigate the digital system
Please note, there are no transfer of applications once enrolled.
Scholarship Expression of Interest Form
Submissions are being accepted until 30 September, 2020