The Integrating Care Clinical Council is a multi-disciplinary committee that advises the Board on relevant clinical issues to assist in decision-making regarding local and regional priorities and opportunities for improvements in the operation of the healthcare system for patients, particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes.
The GP-led Integrating Care Clinical Council focuses on the “whole of region level” in regards to population health planning, needs assessment, prioritisation, commissioning of services and the development of clinical pathways.
Based on Department of Health guidelines for Clinical Councils and feedback from NBMPHN GP Advisors, our Integrating Care Clinical Council includes four GPs from the GP Clinical Council (GPCC) - one per LGA (Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Penrith) as well as other health professionals including but not limited to practices nurses, allied and community health professionals and hospital representatives.
The members provide local and regional GP perspectives on the provision of primary care and help facilitate the two-way sharing of information between committees.
The Chair of the Integrating Care Clinical Council is a GP, appointed by the Board.
Locally-based representatives of the Integrating Care Clinical Council reflect the key healthcare service providers in the area and have the knowledge and skill sets to address inter-sectoral care, service gaps and integrated care plan pathways. Ex-officio members from NBMPHN and NBMLHD also attend meetings - Lizz Reay (CEO NBMPHN) and Kay Hyman (CE NBMLHD).
The Integrating Care Clinical Council meets at least quarterly, with the Terms of Reference (pdf, 351kb) further outlining the objectives, duties, skills and operations of this high-level committee.
Integrating Care Clinical Council members
- Dr Linda McQueen (Blue Mtns)
- Dr Trudie Rombola (Hawkesbury)
- Dr Madhu Tamilarasan (Lithgow)
- Dr Hany Gayed (Penrith)
Allied Health Professionals
- Belinda Hill, Speech Pathologist (Penrith)
- Rolf Reed, Psychologist in private practice (Blue Mtns)
- Vicki Van Leeuwen, Tindale Family Practice (Penrith)
- Jeanette James, Glossodia Pharmacy (Hawkesbury)
Univesity / Research
- Professor Jenny Reath, Peter Brennan Chair of General Practice, Western Sydney University
- Belinda Leonard, NBMPHN & NBMLHD Community Advisory Committee member
- Peter Gooley, NBMPHN & NBMLHD Community Advisory Committee member and Chair, Hawkesbury Health
- Dr David Doolan, Director of Medical Services, Hawkesbury District Health Service
- Dr Kathryn Drew, Clinical Director, Mental Health, NBMLHD
- Dr Karen Fisher, Clinical Director, Drug & Alcohol, NBMLHD
- Dr Anita Sharma, A/Clinical Director – Division of Medicine; Head of Department, Geriatrics; A/Head of Department – Neurology
- Dr Bradley Forssman, Director, Public Health, NBMLHD
- Kay Hyman, CE, NBMLHD
- Lizz Reay, CEO, NBMPHN
- Dr Andrew Knight, Board Chair, NBMPHN