Allied Health Involvement
The Allied Health Advisory Committee (AHAC) was formally established in 2016, and represents allied health professionals from a range of disciplines, in our four LGAs (Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Penrith).
AHAC advises the Board on recommended strategies to address region-wide issues facing allied health professionals, while also considering the unique needs and concerns of each local community.
We engage with allied health professionals to support better health outcomes for our local community by advising on:
- opportunities for building the capacity of the allied health workforce
- improving connections and linkages to primary healthcare
- exploring emerging trends and models of integrated care
Allied Health Advisory Committee Members
- Sally Badorrek, Dietitian
- Cathy O’Brien, Psychologist Family Therapy
- Linda Raines, Community Pharmacist
- Sally Webb, Physiotherapist
- Dr Anne Lyell, Chiropractor
- Jason Pilgrim, Exercise Physiologist
- Bronwyn Reed, Physiotherapist, Allied Health Manager, St John of God
- Suzanne Kennedy, Exercise Physiologist
- Emily Standen, Physiotherapist
- Chris Scanlon, Podiatrist
- Dr Rudi Crncec, Clinical Psychologist
- Belinda Hill, Speech Pathologist
- Jillian Harrington, Clinical Psychologist, Board Director
2019 Meeting Dates
- 25 February
- 20 May
- 19 August
- 18 November
Become a member of AHAC
AHAC is positioned to be the “voice of allied health providers” across the Nepean Blue Mountains region. We are always keen to receive submissions from allied health professionals who are interested in joining AHAC.
Please submit your expression of interest at any time using the form below if you would like to be considered for a future vacancy to represent your local LGA. You can also read the terms of reference for more information.
Allied Health Input and Involvement
You are welcome to submit your ideas and suggestions to AHAC, as well as learning about some of the other ways we engage with allied health professionals in our region.
Submit your expression of interest to join AHAC