Our GP Clinical Council (GPCC), established in January 2016 and formerly known as the GP Advisory Committee (GPAC), serves as an advisory body to the Board.
It builds on the excellent work carried out by the Interim GP Advisory Committee during 2014 and 2015.
GPCC represents GPs in our four LGAs (Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Penrith) advising the Board on recommended strategies to address region-wide issues facing GPs, while also considering the unique needs and concerns of each local community.
An important part of GPCC’s role is to also advise on decision making at the practice level, to strengthen the support provided to GPs in their day-to-day work. Members raise issues in relation to health pathways, hospitals, aged care facilities, workforce, GP education and training and many more important areas.
GPCC meets five times per year, with many members also fulfilling a variety of advisory roles on key PHN initiatives. The Clinical Council is run based on specific Terms of Reference.
GP Clinical Council Membership
- Dr Sarah Kemp
- Dr Linda McQueen
- Dr Sue Owen
- Dr Michael Crampton (Chair)
- Dr David Foley
- Dr Hilton Brown
- Dr Madhu Tamilarasan
- Dr Anju Aggarwal
- Dr Thu Dang
- Dr Hany Gayed
2020 Meeting dates
- 10 March
- 12 May (F2F)
- 7 July
- 15 September
- 1 December (F2F)
These meetings dates are subject to change. If you would like to have your feedback considered for tabling at a GP Clinical Council meeting, input can be provided up to two weeks before meeting dates. In some cases it may be more appropriate for the matter to be addressed by a GP Advisor directly or a NBMPHN manager or staff member.
Provide your input
We welcome hearing from GPs directly, for example, to:
- Provide feedback on local issues or concerns e.g. communication with the hospital
- Provide input into NBMPHN programs and services e.g. suggestions for GP Program Advisors; sharing your area/s of expertise or interest
- Put forward an agenda item/s for the GP Clinical Council e.g. a local or regional concern or idea you want to share
- Provide general feedback or to ask questions e.g. communication tools, Continuing Professional Development
Provide your input online.