Program Development Officer - Palliative Care (Full-time)
22 November 2021
Do you have a passion for bringing different stakeholder groups together, collaborating and building projects that will help your community? Do you want to improve the lives of those who require palliative care by helping to create better access to care? Then we want to hear from you!
We are an organisation with a great workplace culture and a vision to improve the health and wellbeing of the people in our community. Our annual, independent staff surveys for the last 4 years have rated us as a ‘truly great’ place to work.
We are seeking someone with strong project management skills and a passion for improving the quality of care for people in our region.
- This new and exciting role is for those who are passionate about meeting the challenge with improving the patient journey of health care for people in the Nepean Blue Mountains region.
- You will work with key stakeholder groups (general practice, palliative care providers, the aged care sector and local health district) to support the coordination of local initiatives to improve access to palliative care in our region.
- To be successful in this role you will need significant project management experience and an analytical approach to solving problems.
- You will need highly developed interpersonal skills and thrive on the ability to juggle parallel priorities.
$89,000 p.a. (exc. superannuation)
- We are a TEAM of like-minded professionals who share the same values
- We are committed to the improved health and wellbeing of the people in our community
- We embrace diversity and we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
Wentworth Healthcare offers additional benefits to our employees, these include:
- Work from home opportunities
- Not for profit Salary Sacrifice taxation benefits including up to $15,900 for living expenses and $2,650 for meal and entertainment (subject to government criteria)
- 3 Days Christmas Shutdown Leave (in addition to 20 days Annual leave)
- Up to 3 days Family and Community Leave (in addition to 10 days Sick/Personal Leave)
- Generous support toward professional development
- Free onsite parking
- Modern, innovative office building with ample natural light and surrounded by landscaped parkland
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or experience preferably in a health, local government and/or community services environment.
- Significant experience in project management with demonstrated ability and experience with writing high quality documents.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to foster and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the capacity to analyse information and plan approaches.
- Demonstrated ability using initiative and to work autonomously but also collaborate and contribute positively to a broader team.
- Demonstrated organisational skills to manage a number of parallel priorities in order to achieve desired outcomes within specific timeframes.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the development of models of care and referral pathways in a health context.
How to apply
What we need from you:
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Your answers to the selection requirements (specified above)
- Applicants who do not apply via the above specified method will not be considered.
- Applications will only be considered if they address the selection criteria.
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia (VEVO checks will be conducted to confirm your eligibility to work in Australia).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No recruitment agencies please.
- A selection panel will assess your application against the criteria stated above.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by phone.
- Following the interviews, reference checks and Criminal Record Checks will also be undertaken.
This position is full time and is funded until June 2024. Future employment is subject to ongoing funding.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources on 02 4708 8100.
Applications close: 5 December 2021