We are seeking an outstanding Senior Manager to lead strategic and operational activities to deliver Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Initiatives during a time of significant change and transformation.
About the Opportunity
Experience within Mental Health and AOD, whilst ideal, is not an essential requirement; more valuable will be your ability to translate your own experience into the context of Wentworth Healthcare and build a positive and effective framework for the delivery of community-based Mental Health and AOD Services.
You will need to demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively across an ever changing environment and inspire your teams to set new standards in the delivery of health initiatives. Natural communication, leadership and supervisory abilities are critical, as is a passion for sharing knowledge and skills and a commitment to the values of the organisation.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and leading a direct team of 5 skilled managers, the Senior Manager Mental Health and AOD will:
- Provide leadership in community-based mental health and AOD initiatives.
- Lead and inspire an established team of program managers and project officers ensuring the workforce is aligned to the strategic direction of Wentworth Healthcare.
- Support the delivery of the organisation’s Strategic Plan and the Mental Health and AOD operational plans ensuring staff have the skills, knowledge and motivation to achieve their best, positively contribute to their teams, and fully engage in the success of the organisation.
- Collaboratively plan and implement Mental Health and AOD Policy, modelling and guidelines.
- Foster a workplace culture which is inclusive, collaborative, accountable, engaged and ultimately supports staff to deliver excellence.
- Work closely with various stakeholders including the Wentworth Healthcare Board, Chief Executive Officer, Local Health District, private partners, NGOs, community groups and government agencies.
- Conduct stakeholder engagement programs to build positive and effective solutions frameworks for the delivery of appropriate community based Mental Health and AOD services.
- Understand and implement commissioning and contracting processes to ensure effective engagement of services.
This position is full-time and is funded until June 2022. Future employment is subject to ongoing funding.
Why you should come work with us
Wentworth Healthcare Limited, provider of the Nepean Blue Mountains Primary Health Network (NBMPHN) is a not-for profit organisation which works to improve health for the people in the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Penrith local government areas.
Our mission is to empower general practice and other healthcare professionals to deliver high-quality, accessible and integrated primary healthcare that meets the needs of our community.
Wentworth Healthcare Limited is an equal opportunity employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, young people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for positions.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter that demonstrates your suitability for the role along with your CV.
Please submit your application by 17 June 2019.
For further information, please contact Julie Rigelsford on 02 4708 8139.
Note: Applications will only be considered if accompanied by CV and cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the role. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No Recruitment Agencies please