First Care Medical Centre is seeking an experienced Practice Manager for their GP Practice at Cranebrook. This position will suit a person who is able to work in a team environment and under pressure. The Practice is looking for a friendly person with outstanding interpersonal skills to work with multiple GP's, Nurses, Allied Health Services and Reception staff.
About the role
Key elements of the role are:
- Practice management – Reception workflow, daily operations, staff scheduling.
- Billing and Medicare compliance daily reconciliation of Medicare, DVA, Workcover and private billings.
- Policies and procedures – Formulating and implementing practice policies which meet accreditation standards and identifying opportunities for growth and process efficiencies.
- Staff organisation – primarily responsible for the recruitment, training and appraisal of non-clinical team and coordination of clinical and administrative meetings. Manage communications with external agencies and service providers.
- Front Office management – responsible for monitoring and ordering of office supplies.
- Complaints resolution – analyse and develop appropriate responses to patient and staff complaints with escalation to management as necessary.
- Receptionist duties – general front desk reception duties.
- Practice development – liaise with local PHN to identify and implement the latest relevant legislation and guidelines.
- Communication – excellent written and oral skills in negotiation, delegation and patient advocacy.
- Leadership – leader by example. Delegation of tasks, resolving team conflicts, creating a positive work environment.
- Initiative – ability to proactively work independently.
- Precision – careful attention to detail.
- Professionalism – punctual, well presented, confident, positive, courteous and have the ability to remain calm in challenging situations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant tertiary studies or a minimum 2 years' practice management experience.
- Proficient in MBS, Medicare incentives (PIP, PNIP), DVA, Workcover and private billings.
- A good understanding of business and financial principles to strategically grow the business.
- Sound knowledge of Best Practice and PracSoft software.
Email your resume to email@example.com. Please include your full address and at least two current referees on your application.