11 May 2021
6:00pm – 9:00pm
CLOSED - Event full
GPs, Practice Nurses, General Practice Staff
Free of charge. Registrations essential.
Online modules and Zoom Workshop
Eliza Pross (BA, BSW, MPS) is a Yuin/Nuenonne woman and Aboriginal Consultant engaged by Wentworth Healthcare. She has worked extensively with communities and service providers in the design and delivery of Aboriginal community, health and mental health services in urban, rural and remote settings.
Mitchell Beggs-Mowczan is a Wiradjuri man who was born and raised on Darug land. Mitchell has worked in Aboriginal health for 8 years and is currently completing a Bachelor of Community Services.
GPs, Practice Nurses and General Practice Staff are welcome
Attend this 3-part training series to develop practical skills and knowledge for working with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people. The training will be offered as two online modules and one 3-hour Zoom meeting. These sessions will be interactive, and allow time for participants to learn, ask questions and explore themes and issues relevant to healthcare.
- Discuss Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander experiences of health and illness
- Discuss the historical impact on contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Identify support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people will be provided within the primary care setting
- Identify steps your practice can take to provide culturally safe and acceptable healthcare to patients
- Recognise the diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural perspectives on health and wellbeing.
- Part 1 - eLearning Module
- Part 2 - Tuesday, 11 May, Zoom meeting, 6pm to 9pm
- Part 3 - eLearning Module
The Pre-disposing and Reinforcing activities (for GPs only), web link to the online modules will be sent to you before the series starts.
All three components must be attended to complete the training. GPs need to complete the Pre-disposing and Reinforcing Activities as well, to be eligible for 40 RACGP Accredited Activity points.
For more information, contact Mitchell Beggs-Mowczan on 4708 8160.
30 April 2021
RACGP activity number:
Nepean Blue Mountains Primary Health Network