Parramatta Mission is the lead organization for many clinical mental health programs across Sydney including headspace Katoomba. A vacancy has become available for a part-time Youth Access Team Senior Clinician - Bushfire Relief until 30 June 2021. This position offers an attractive salary and generous salary packaging benefits.
The headspace Bushfire Relief Outreach Service aims to provide early intervention services to young people aged 12 to 25 in the Katoomba region impacted by the recent Australian bushfires.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology (must be provisionally registered as a minimum), Social Work, Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapy or other relevant body.
- Registration or eligibility of respective professional body.
- If provisionally registered have a current primary supervisor.
- Minimum 3 years' demonstrated and extensive assessment / triage skills in mental health and ability to co-ordinate care for young people.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with young people and carers.
- Demonstrated excellency in decision making, problem solving, negotiation and crisis management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and sensitivity to the mental health needs of young people (12-25 years) and their families.
- Demonstrated clinical proficiency in assessment and treatment of mental illness such as psychotic disorders, bipolar affective disorder, complex trauma, depression, and anxiety.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team and in using initiative to develop systems and processes that support needs of the work.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication (telephone, verbal and written) and report writing skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- 2 years’ experience in developing and maintaining relationships and liaising with internal and external stakeholders and services.
To Apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential Criteria. Enquiries – 0438 206 164.