Cultural Competency Training - Penrith
Date: 13 April 2019 9:00am - 4:30pm
Audience: Allied Health, General Practice
CPD Allocation: 40 Category 1 RACGP CPD Points
Venue:Wentworth Healthcare, Werrington Park Corporate Centre
Address:Wentworth Healthcare, 14 Great Western Highway, Kingswood NSW 2747
Eliza Pross (BA, BSW, MPS) is a Yuin/Nuenonne woman and Aboriginal Consultant engaged by Wentworth Healthcare. She has worked extensively with communities and service providers in the design and delivery of Aboriginal community, health, and mental health services in urban, rural and remote settings.
Mitchell Beggs-Mowczan is a Wiradjuri man who was born and raised on Darug Land. Mitchell has worked in Aboriginal Health for 8 years and is currently completing a Bachelor of Community Services.
Attend this training to develop practical skills and knowledge for working with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people. The day will be interactive, and allow time for participants to learn, ask questions and explore themes and issues relevant to healthcare. There will also be an opportunity to meet with a local Aboriginal knowledge holder to discuss local issues.
- Confidently support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within the primary care setting
- Discuss Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander experiences of health and illness
- Recognise the diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural perspectives of health and wellbeing
- Discuss the historical impact on contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Identify steps your practice can take to provide culturally safe and acceptable healthcare to patients
There will be a pre-reading activity prior to the workshop and a reinforcing learning activity afterwards. GPs who complete all three components will receive 40 Category 1 CPD points.
8:45 am I Arrival, tea and coffee
9:00 am I Training workshop starts
4:30 pm I Finish
For more information, please contact Barbara or Mitchell on 4708 8100.
RSVP date: 8 April 2019
Register for the Event
Please complete the information below to register for the event