Older people in the Penrith region are projected to double the NSW average in numbers over the next 15 years.
The Australian Government established the My Aged Care website to help you navigate the aged care system.
The Gateway is part of the 10 year Living Longer Living Better aged care reform package designed to give people more choice, more control and easier access to a full range of aged care services.
Our services and programs to support older persons health in particular include:
Community services for aged care
- TRI Community Exchange - provides training, resources and information services, 2014 Nepean Directory of Home And Community Care (HACC) Services & Community Care Support Services (CCSS). For frail aged people & people with a disability & carers in the Blue Mountains Hawkesbury, Lithgow & PenrithLocal Government Areas.
- TRI Community Aged Care News - News, resources and events for organisations working with older people.
- Lemongrove Community Health Facility - provides a range of services in the Penrith local government area to people of all ages with chronic and complex health conditions
- Western Sydney Community Forum - Commonwealth Home and Community Care (HACC) program and the NSW Community Care Supports Program (CCSP). The HACC program helps frail older people (with functional disability) to live independently in their own home
- Advance Care Planning - Decision making for the end of life
- CareSearch - an online resource designed to help those needing relevant and trustworthy information and resources about palliative care.
- Carers NSW - Point of contact for the general public, service providers, general practitioners and other health professionals for information on community, aged and disability services and carer support.
- Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centres - information centres for older people, people with disabilities and those who provide care and services. Centres provide free and confidential information on community aged care, disability and other support services available locally, interstate or anywhere within Australia.
Other Aged Care links