Wentworth Healthcare is a local not-for-profit organisation striving to improve the health and wellbeing of people in the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Penrith.
Wentworth Healthcare (pdf, 3.4mb) is the provider of the Nepean Blue Mountains Primary Health Network (NBMPHN), and always try to put the voice of our community and stakeholders at the centre of what we do.
Every time you see your GP, or use a local health service, there is a good chance we have played a role in supporting them. We work in three main ways:
- supporting general practice to provide high quality care to their patients
- funding (or commissioning) local health services that meet the needs of our community
- integrating the different parts of the local health system, so people don’t get ‘lost’ when they move from one health service to another
We have the same boundaries as the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District.
Vision, Mission and Values
Our VISION is Improved health and wellbeing for the people in our community.
Our MISSION is to Empower general practice and other healthcare professionals to deliver high quality, accessible and integrated primary healthcare that meets the needs of our community.
Our VALUES are Respect ~ Ethical Practice ~ Quality ~ Collaboration ~ Continuous Improvement
The guiding principles for our work are:
- A continuing effective relationship between a patient and their preferred primary care provider.
- A care model that ensures people receive the right care in the right place at the right time.
The Strategic Plan 2019 - 2024 (pdf, 386kb) outlines our objectives and goals in achieving our vision.
We employ over 70 talented and skilled professionals.
Our CEO is Lizz Reay, who was previously Deputy CEO then Acting CEO of Nepean-Blue Mountains Medicare Local (NBMML) and has been a driving force at Wentworth Healthcare Limited since its inception in July 2012.
THe Wentworth Healthcare office is located on the grounds of Western Sydney University, in Penrith.
On the 24 February 2012, Wentworth Healthcare Limited was registered with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC). Since 2012, Wentworth Healthcare Limited has been tasked with improving the health of the region through patient-centred care and primary care integration, initially trading as Nepean-Blue Mountains Medicare Local (NBMML) before transitioning to NBMPHN on 1 July, 2015 as part of the Primary Health Networks (PHNs) program.
Wentworth Healthcare Limited is a not-for profit public company limited by guarantee.
The organisation’s founding members are:
- Nepean Division of General Practice
- Blue Mountains GP Network
- Hawkesbury-Hills Division of General Practice
Did you know?
Our Wentworth Healthcare logo design incorporates four overlapping circles
which represent the geographic size
and placement of our four LGAs.