Resources for GPs
- 1800RESPECT is a counselling, information and referral service for anyone experiencing violence and abuse. 1800RESPECT also provides resources and information to professionals who support people impacted by sexual assault, domestic and family violence.
- RACGP White Book The guideline offers health practitioners evidence-based guidance on appropriate identification and response in clinical practice to patients experiencing abuse and violence.
- It's Time to Talk is a joint partnership project of the City of Canterbury-Bankstown Council and the Canterbury Bankstown Domestic Violence Liaison Committee where the aim is to encourage people to talk about and increase awareness of how people can enjoy a safe and respectful relationship. There are also targeted resources for GPs and other workers who want to better understand how to encourage healthy relationships and identify and support individuals if there are concerns regarding domestic violence.
- Domestic Violence Safety Assessment Tool Guide This document is one of a suite of five reference documents developed as part of the NSW Government Domestic and Family Violence Framework for Reform. Service providers are encouraged to read the guide in conjunction with the other documents.
- Women's Legal Service NSW Domestic Violence GP Toolkit This resource has been developed to assist you in identifying and responding to your patients and their children who have been victims (also known as survivors) affected by domestic violence (also known as ‘family violence’ or ‘intimate partner violence’.)
- Domestic Violence Service Management has a range of resources for practitioners on domestic and family violence available on their website, as well as resources for people with lived experience.