Community Trauma Toolkit for Adults and Children
The Emerging Minds Community Trauma Toolkit provides important information, education and mental health resources to assist GPs when having conversations with patients about the impacts of disasters.
Flood Psychological Therapy Services
Who is it for?
Floods Psychological Therapy Services are available to people who have been impacted by the recent floods in flood affected areas within our region . These include the Hawkesbury, Blue Mountains, Lithgow and Penrith local government areas.
What is it?
- Up to 10 free sessions for individuals, couples or families significantly affected by the 2021 floods (until June 2022)
- NO centrelink or health care card is needed
- NO Mental Health Care plan is needed (although a GP may choose to complete one at their discretion)
Who is eligible?
- People living in flood affected areas within our region . These include the Hawkesbury, Blue Mountains, Lithgow and Penrith areas
- People impacted by:
- loss of property
- loss of business income
- significant mental health impacts from threat of flood, which could include past trauma
- Individiuals currently receiving services under other PTS streams are also eligible for sessions under this new stream
- People who require significant clinical care co-ordination and support
How do my patients access it?
- A referral must be made by a GP, psychiatrist or paediatrician
- Referrals can be made by calling the PTS intake line on 1800 223 365 or by completing the PTS referral form
- Patients can also call 1800 595 212 directly to speak to a mental health professional who will match them with the most appropriate service