Our Practice Support team offers resources and support to local practices, including a range of services specifically for Practice Nurses.
Nepean Blue Mountains Practice Nurses Network
As an adjunct to our Practice Nurses Network, this is a closed facebook group for all Practice Nurses in the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Penrith areas.
Practice Nurse Networking meetings
Meetings are held three times a year.
The Practice Nurse Leadership Group (PNLG) helps NBMPHN to more effectively engage with and support Practice Nurses in General Practice to deliver high quality, accessible and integrated primary healthcare.
Issues the PNLG will discuss includes:
- Advise on issues affecting healthcare in the region across primary and acute care
- Advise on issues affecting Practice Nurses in the region
- Advise on education and training support in order to build capacity and capability in General Practice
- Advise on engagement strategies and activities to effectively embed Practice Nurses as crucial members of the primary care workforce
- Develop advocacy for members of the Practice Nurses as a pivotal members of the healthcare team
To find out more or contact the PNLG, please call Georgina McHugh on 4708 8100 or contact us online.
Sharing information with general practices
We provide a fortnightly news email to general practices, Practice News, as well as a fortnightly Education Update. You can catch up with the latest editions online.
If you don't receive them, subscribe here.
Resources, information and organisations that support Practice Nurses.